I qualified as a psychologist in my home country of Australia and have over 15 years of clinical experience. I permanently moved to the UK in 2003 and am now registered with the following professional bodies:
Health Care Profession Council (HCPC) registered Counselling Psychologist.
Accredited CBT therapist by the British Association of Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapists (BABCP).
Accredited EMDR Consutant with EMDR Europe.
These professional organisations require its members to abide by strict codes of professional conduct. I maintain a high standard of ethical practice in all of my work.
I have worked with both Forensic and Mental Health clients, within inpatient, community and primary care settings. My areas of expertise cover most common mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, OCD, and a number of forensic issues such as drug and alcohol abuse, and sexual offending.
Special areas of interest and expertise:
- Complex trauma
- Working with adults with Asperger’s
- Forensic therapy
- Managing stress
My breadth of experience includes
- Team Leader/Senior Clinician within the NHS IAPT service.
- Initiating and Co-ordinating a national special interest group focusing on working with challenging clients.
- CBT therapist at University of Cambridge Counselling Service working with both staff and students.
- Supervising clinicians through the accreditation and re-accreditation process with the BABCP.
- Coordinating local EMDR peer supervision group.